FlexSpaces General Features (FlexSpaces+Browser, FlexSpaces+AIR, FlexSpaces Mobile, FlexSpaces portlets)
- Tree and folder (with icon and details view modes)
- Thumbnail and Coverflow views (3.0 only)
- Dual repository folders with drag /drop between
- Dockable toolbar and dockable icon toolbar.
- Properties dialog for viewing / editing properties, Rename dialog.
- Checkin, checkout, cancel checkout, make versionable
- Upload (multiple selction), Download dialogs.
- Create Space dialog with optional choice of template and choosing icon.
- Create content dialogs: xml, text, html (tinyMCE)
- Edit (checkout+download), Update Exisitng
- Cut / Copy / Paste, Delete (multiple selection)
- Multiple selection when drag/dropping between repo folders
- Multiple selection when cut/copy/pasting between repo folders.
- Make PDF version of a document (multiple selection)
- Make Flash Preview (multiple selection)
- Previewing and Viewing files in multiple built-in tabs
- Start Workflow dialog, task dashboard tab with task list, task attachments list (with full menu, context menu support), adhoc done, approve, reject buttons
- WCM features: WCM tab with tree / folder pane(s) navigate / work with files and folders in AVM stores, , and supports drag/drop between dual folder views. Upload, create folders, content creation dialogs (html, xml, text), delete.
- Tag Cloud and Category tree search navigation
- Tags/Categories dialog to view/edit tagging and categorization
- Semantic auto-tagging, tag suggestion, and geo-tag display on Google map
- Advanced search (all web client features except for save search, custom attribute config)
- XML configuration of context and main menus
- Main menu and context menu enable/disable based on permissions
- Supports Alfresco 2.1-3.x (enterprise and community/labs)
- Support for Adobe LiveCycle Content Services ES
Additional AIR features (FlexSpaces+AIR, FlexSpaces Mobile AIR)
- Native drag / drop of files from OS folders (with multiple selection) into AIR app repo folders
- Native copy and paste of files (with multiple selection) from OS folders into the AIR app repository folders
- WCM: native drag/drop/copy/paste of desktop files into AVM stores is supported in the WCM tab.
- Bult-in local files tree/folder browser view with drag/drop support with the repository folders.
- Making files / folders available offline (with multple selection), Single select update from offline edit.
Alfresco Share Integration support:
- FlexibleShare combines FlexSpaces UI in dashboard with additional Flex UI for Alfresco Share backend (sites, doc libraries, blogs, wiki, discussions, calendar)
- FlexSpaces Liferay Portal portlet available
- FlexSpaces JBoss Portal portlet and GateIn portlets available
- Adobe Flex 4.6 and ActionScript based client applications/frameworks/libraries
- Support for Apache Flex planned
- Support for browser based Flex, desktop Flex+AIR, and Flex+AIR mobile development
- Port to HTML5 also planned
- Adobe AIR versions take full advantage of AIR features:
native drag /drop, native clipboard, offline file support.
- Adobe Flash Builder and other IDEs can be used
- Application UI components use Presentation Model pattern, Spring ActionScript DI, and Cairngorm (moving from Cairngorm to Spring ActionScript planned)
- Supports REST XML webscripts (REST JSON webscripts planned, BlazeDS planned)
- Both open source LGPL and commerical license versions available.